Southern Flinders Regional Sports Complex Hire
In 2006 the Gladstone High School prioritised the need to construct a school stadium/gymnasium, due to the age and rapidly deteriorating outdoor sporting facilities available within the Southern Flinders which adversely affects the school physical education curriculum, especially during extreme heat and inclement weather.
The Department of Education and Children’s Services (Gladstone High School and Gladstone Primary School), Northern Areas Council, St Joseph’s Parish School Gladstone, and the Ewart Oval Management Committee proposed to develop a multi activity sports stadium to meet the future educational, sporting and recreational needs of communities in the Southern Flinders region of South Australia.
From this formation The Southern Flinders Regional Sports Complex was built and offers an extensive facility for use, such as;
- Provides school students and the community access to an indoor venue to conduct a range of sport and recreational activities
- Provides schools and the community access to a commercial kitchen for learning and catering of functions
- Provides a multi-purpose function area accessible to schools, sporting clubs and the community for a range of activities and functions;
- Builds on existing programs and develop new community based recreation programs including:
- Dancing groups
- Gym classes
- Provides a venue to cater for coaching clinics in a range of sport & recreational activities;
- Enables men’s/boys and women/girls games to be played concurrently (creating a family atmosphere);
Creating a promoter to facilitate healthy lifestyle choices for people in the region.
The stadium comprises the following:
Gymnasium with two courts, Teachers preparation room, Meeting room
Storage room, Change rooms, Kitchen and Function room including a Bar area.
Male and Female toilets including unisex disabled toilet.
All bookings and enquires can be directed through the Gladstone High School on 86622171.